links

Monday 3 February 2014

January Favourites

With January being over and February just beginning, we are being bombarded with blogpost and youtube videos showing the products loved in January. And like so many bloggers and youtubers, I'm going to do the same thing. So here are the products I used a lot and loved through January:


Let's start with the beauty favourites. First up the product I use multiple times each day, the Maybelline Baby Lips in Intense Care. This is the best lip balm I've ever owned. It goes on really smooth and makes my lips soft like no other lip balm can do.
I prefer lip balms in stick form to lip balms in pot form, because you have to put your finger in the pot and get it all dirty and sticky and bleggh and then you need to wipe it off on something or someone. I much rather prevent that.
The Maybelline Baby Lips gives some shine to the lips, which I quite like. The Maybelline Baby Lips also comes in coloured lip balms. I own Cherry Me and Pink Punch. I love Cherry Me which is a red, but I don't really like Pink Punch, because the pink colour is too light for my lips and makes it look odd.
The formulas of the coloured lip balms are really nice as well. They are moisturizing and make your lips very soft, but they aren't as moisturizing as the colourless ones.
The Maybelline Baby Lips in Intense Care is the only lip balm I've ever used all up. And that says something because I never seem to be able to empty products and change them before I can finish them.

Yes, there's a little Christmasbear hiding behind the mirror. No I didn't forget to put it away, it's sitting there all year. Don't judge, it's just too cute.

Next is a nail polish which is Essie's After School Boy Blazer. This is the perfect winter nail polish for me. I always wear dark colours (even in summer). I just love dark nails. After School Boy Blazer is a dark, dark blue, which in a certain light looks black.
But not only the colour is amazing, the formula of this nail polish is incredible. To get a nice colour on your nails you only need one coat, only one! But that's not the only thing. This nail polish dries so fast. I think mine has dried within 10 minutes without using a quick drying topcoat. That is just amazing and makes this nail polish the perfect nail polish for a girl like me who hates having to wait for the nail polish to dry. I always ruin my nail polish when I have to wait for it to dry, because I just can't sit still, it's too boring.

Third is a product I rediscovered in January. I've had the Maybelline Colour Tattoos for a while, but just didn't use them a lot, until now that is. I have been using the colour Permanent Taupe the most, which is a very pretty every day taupe brown shade. The texture of these Colour Tattoos is really nice. You can apply the product with your finger, but I prefer using a brush (The filthy finger story again). They blend very nice and last a long time. You can use the product on its own or as a base and put eye shadow on top.


Next up is a product I have been using for a few months now, but since this is the first time I do a monthly favourites I thought I would include this product as well. It's the Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace. I have been using the shade in the middle a lot. It's named Guipure and it's a stunning rose gold/coral colour with orange/gold shimmer. It's a colour hard to describe, but stunning nonetheless.

Next up is a product more for Dutch people, because it's from HEMA. I believe there are a few HEMAs in other countries as well, but it's mainly Dutch. Anyway, this product is a lipgloss and it is really nice. To be honest, I didn't expect it to be a good product since HEMA is very cheap, I think this lipgloss only cost me 3euros, bargain. I just bought it because I needed a lipgloss in a pinky colour for my prom and HEMA was just the shop that was nearby. But this lipgloss is really nice. It is the moisturizing lipgloss in number 02 and it is a pretty blue toned pink with a bit of silver glitter. The lipgloss isn't very pigmented itself and is described as semi-transparent, but on top of lipstick it looks amazing, which is how I usually wear my lipglosses anyway. I love wearing it on top of Topshop's Macaroon lipstick or Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in 101. Because the lipgloss isn't very pigmented it gives the lipstick a nice pink sheen. Pretty, pretty.
Plus, what I find most important about lipglosses, it isn't sticky at all. An overall great product.

The last beauty product in this monthly favourites is a hair product from John Frieda. This is the Luxurious Volume Blow Dry Lotion Root Boosting.
I spray this in my hair after washing it and before blow drying, concentrating it at my roots, because that's where I want the volume to be. Again I really like this product because you can spray it directly into your hair and don't have to pump mousse into your hand and get filthy, sticky hands, I just hate it (as if you didn't know by now).
It gives me a little bit of volume, good enough for everyday, but if I want to give my hair a little bit extra I'll need to tease the roots and hairspray it.

Now on to the fashion favourites. Which is my new pair of boots from H&M. I've written a full blogpost, including pictures, about them which you can check out here.

And last but not least, the random favourites.
I've been ill quite a lot this month, and the best thing you can do whilst being ill is to watch a lot of TV series and Disney films. Which is exactly what I did.

I had already seen the entire first season of Orphan Black a few months ago and loved it so much I decided to watch the entire series again this month and I still love it a lot. It's about human clones who are being hunted down by someone and it's very thrilling, exciting, but also funny and interesting. If you like those kind of things I strongly advice you to watch it if you haven't watched it yet.

Frozen Movie Poster

Another thing I watched this month whilst being ill is the movie Frozen from Disney and I loved it so much I saw it again that same week and I wouldn't mind watching it for a third time. I think it might have beaten Bambi and has become my new favourite Disney movie. I loved all the songs and the story was really good, a little bit different from the more typical Disney movies with one bad guy and one good guy. Also advice you to watch that.

Well then it might be no surprise to you that my favourite song this month is Let it Go by Idina Menzel. This is a song sang in Frozen and I might have been singing it a lot this month. I prefer this version to the one sang by Demi Lovato, because it's more Elza. You can listen to the song down here:



And that's it guys. I hope you've enjoyed reading what my favourite things have been this January and I would love to hear your favourites, so tell them in the comments below.

Also do you prefer longer blogpost or short blogpost, because this one turned out to be quite long.
I'll try to keep it shorter next time if you want me to.


~Xx
 













13 comments:

  1. I've just got Sleek blush trio in Pink Lemonade and I suspect they will be my favourite blushers in the months to come, Sleek does amazing blushers!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nail polish is really nice, perfect for winter!

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baby Lips :) the nailpolish is so beautiful :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of the gloss look so lovely! I like sleek products a lot.




    xoxo;
    Glitter DailyBeauty Blog


    - Facebook
    - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for some good blushes at the moment and i'm probably going to trace the sleek blush one down! :)

    http://arianaly.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blushes!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post,love the products that you choose:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely,
    I totally love these pictures!!Very inspirational
    do you want to follow each other on INSTAGRAM?
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that shade of essie nail polish in dark blue! I've been wanting to grab myself one too!
    Check out my new post on behind-the-scenes wth Shopcade and LFW party! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use the Sleek rose gold on a daily basis. I want to be brave enough to try the more orangey pigments in the three palette! Will definitely be purchasing it soon :)

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am obsessed with Froze, I’ve started collecting the mugs from the Disney store like a child.

    www.beccamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete